At St Wilfrid’s School we try to meet the individual needs of all children and take special care with children who are having difficulties in learning.
Mrs Katherine Bovingdon is the Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator (SENDCo) and she works closely with school staff and outside agencies to support and assess children as a need arises. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the school number 01392 276171
All of our staff in school are there to support any children who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities.
If your child has a Special Educational Need or disability which the school is providing additional support for they will be added to our SEND register.
Some of our pupils on our SEND register may be provided additional support through the school whereas some students may have more complex needs which are monitored by the Local Authority through their Education, Health and Care Plan.
We are keen to work with all parents to secure the best outcomes for their children. Children’s IEPs are reviewed regularly with staff, pupils and parents. Parents are welcome to meet with SENCO at termly parents evenings or make contact with the school office to arrange an appointment.
We fully comply with the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.
Devon Local Offer provides information to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities, aged 0 – 25, to help them to understand what services and support, they and their families can expect from a range of local agencies within the local authority.
The aim of the service is to support parents, carers, children and young people (0-25) with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Children and Family Health Devon provide children’s community health services across Devon. It’s the single point of access to several health and social care services, and some aspects of education assessment, that support children and young people and their families and carers in Devon
- Babcock LDP Special Educational Needs, Disability and Inclusion Advisory Service This includes information from the Communication and Interaction Team, Sensory and Impairment Team, Advisory Service for Physical Difficulties, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Team.
- CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services)
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- National Autistic Society
- Devon Dyslexia Service