School rules are an important part of day-to-day school life and exist to ensure that we can co-exist in an environment, which is clean, healthy and shows the awareness of the needs of those around us. Generally, common sense tells you right from wrong.
A copy of the rules should be given to each pupil and should also be posted in every teaching room.
- Attendance at all lessons is mandatory.
- Bullying or the use of foul language and abusive language will not be tolerated.
- Fighting is strictly forbidden.
- A “hands-off” policy is mandatory between boys and girls.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol or the bringing of alcohol or dangerous/illegal substances onto the school premises will result in automatic exclusion.
- Aerosol cans are not allowed in school.
- Chewing gum and bubble gum are strictly forbidden in school.
- Eating and drinking is not permitted in the classrooms except in certain circumstances.
- Pupils (except Year 11) are not allowed in classrooms at break or lunchtime without permission. Five minutes is allowed for collecting books at the end of breaks. In wet weather pupils must go to the hall.
- Pupils may only leave the premises if they have express permission from the Head Teacher and they must fill in the signing-in/out book.
- Items such as personal stereos or computer games may be brought into school to be used at break and lunchtime only. At other times they must be kept in lockers.
- Litter must be placed in the bins provided.
- All mobile phones must be signed in during registration and re- collected at home time. No pupil may be in possession of a phone at any time during the school day unless they have been granted special permission.
- Nail varnish, make-up and inappropriately coloured hair are not permitted.
- Lockers must be kept in a tidy condition with no stickers or graffiti.
- Teachers, visitors and pupils should always be addressed in a polite and respectful way.
- Pupils must not run in the school buildings and should always stand aside to allow teachers and visitors to proceed first.
- When a visitor or any other member of staff enters a classroom then pupils should stand in silence, until given permission to continue.
(iii) Academic Work
- All work should be carried out to the best of a pupil’s ability. There must be no graffiti on exercise, books, text books or homework diaries.
- Homework must be completed thoroughly and on time.
- Homework diaries must be correctly filled in each day and should be signed by the pupil’s parent or guardian each week.
All kit must be clearly marked with white initials and stored in a draw-string bag.
Summer Uniform – Upper school
- School ties must be worn at all times if your child wears the school blazer
- No Blazer – They can wear the school shirt/blouse without the tie and top button undone
- Shorts are allowed but no cargo shorts
School uniform must be correct and must be worn neatly both in and out of school. Jewellery is limited to:
One stud in each ear (girls only)
One ring (girls only)
- All uniform and equipment must be named.
- Girls must tie back long hair.
- Boys’ hair should be above collar length and of a neat style (grade 2 minimum).