The Physical Education Department aims to:
- Introduce pupils to a variety of physical activities and promote the enjoyment of taking part.
- Encourage pupils to fulfill their sporting potential and achieve a level of personal competence and/or expertise.
- Promote the physical development of body; i.e. strength, stamina and suppleness.
- Promote an appreciation of the importance of regular physical activity and its continuance throughout adult life.
- Give pupils the opportunity to work individually and collectively in groups and teams to develop coordination and leadership skills.
- Encourage pupils to show care and concern for others in physical education.
- Have as many students playing as much sport as often as possible and to a high level.
Curriculum Outline for Years 7, 8 & 9
In Years 7, 8 & 9 students will be instructed in four of the six National Curriculum PE areas: Games, Swimming, Gymnastics, Dance, Outdoor Education and Athletics, others are mixed.
Subjects covered include:
- Table Tennis
Year 10 students are given the opportunity to study GCSE PE. St Wilfrid’s use the AQA exam board and take 8582 Full Course. Follow the link below to the course specification. This allows you to view the course content, assessment and activities available.
Year 11 students are given the opportunity to study GCSE PE. St Wilfrid’s use the AQA exam board and take 4892 Full Course. Follow the link below to the course specification. This allows you to view the course content, assessment and activities available.